2023 Trend #6 Sintered Stone Surfaces
The latest “it” surfaces are newer “sintered” stones, a combination of minerals that form a solid surface that can’t be etched, scratched, burned or stained. Dekton and Neolith resemble marble and are resistant to fading. The slabs are large, there’s less need for seams, and they can be used in outdoor kitchens without cracking in extreme temperatures.
Both Dekton and Neolith are both the same product type meaning they are made the same way but Dekton and Neolith are two different brands. The better of the two really depends on you and your preference. They offer the same quality countertop material and the only difference between the two products/brands is the name and color options.
What is “sintered stone?
Sintered Stone, also known as Ultra-Compact Surfaces is a new product in the countertop industry.
The Advantages of Neolith and Dekton Countertops
- Eco-Friendly – Sintered stone countertops are made using more than fifty percent recycled materials and are entirely resin-free.
- Stain Resistant – Ultra-compact surface countertops are not porous. Even if liquids like wine, fruit juice, tea, or coffee sit on your countertop, your counter will not stain.
- Heat Resistant – Heat producing appliances and hot pots and pans can be placed directly on the countertop without scorching or damaging your countertops.
- Temperature Fluctuation Resistant – Sintered stone can handle extreme temperature variations without cracking.
- Scratch Resistant – Ultra-compact countertops will not scratch. You can cut directly on your countertops without scratching them. However, ceramic knives should not be used on the countertops.
- Easy to Clean – All that is needed to clean your countertops is a damp microfiber cloth and a drop of dish detergent.
- No Sealing Required – Sintered stone countertops do not need to be sealed.
- Chemical Resistant – The surface of the countertop is resistant to harsh chemicals, which means almost any cleaning product can be used on the countertop.
- Food Safety – The nonporous surface of the countertop provides you with a hygienic surface that reduces germs and bacteria.
- UV Resistant – UV rays will not discolor your sintered stone countertops, which means that you can place sintered stone outdoors, and the color will remain vibrant.
- Lightweight – Sintered stone is lightweight. It typically weighs between 1.1 and 1.5 pounds per square foot. However, it can handle heavy loads.