NEW HOME FEATURE EVERY PET OWNER NEEDS #10 – CENTRAL VACUUM
10. CENTRAL VACUUM CLEANING SYSTEM
Living with pets often means dealing with pet hair all over the house. One new home feature dedicated to combating all that hair is a central vacuum cleaning system. With a central vacuum cleaning system and multiple outlets throughout the home, cleaning up pet hair is as simple as sweeping it into the vacuum outlet.
The best thing about central vacuum systems is that they don’t require you to carry a heavy unit from room to room or up and down the stairs. Central vacuum systems are designed to remove all the dirt and debris from your house and send it through tubing located in the walls to a receptacle in an out-of-the-way location like a garage or basement. With central vacuums, you only carry a lightweight hose and power brush unit around the house.
There are several benefits to central vacuum systems:
- Healthier Air – Central vacuum systems eliminate the re-circulation of dirty air inside your living area because the dust and debris is carried through the walls to an out-of-the-way receptacle.
- Power – Central vacuums have three to five times more power than traditional vacuums. Because the power unit is not meant to be portable, it can contain a more powerful motor than traditional vacuums.
- Convenience – Central vacuums eliminate the need to carry a heavy unit from room to room or up and down the stairs. There are no cords to trip over, and your power brush can be inserted right into the wall inlet locations that you choose, instead of into pre-determined electrical outlets.
- Home Value – Investing in any permanent appliance in your home should help increase the value when you decide to sell. Central vacuums can be installed in existing homes or in homes that are under construction.
- Noise – Generally, central vacuum systems are quieter than traditional vacuums. Remember that the power unit is located elsewhere (garage, basement, etc.), so the noise will probably be insulated.